Your Guide to Using FedEx Express International Services
05/28/2014 — Leah Palnik
Sorting out all of the necessary steps for shipping internationally can be intimidating. Our small package alliance partner, FedEx, has the services and tools to simplify the international shipping process for small businesses.
FedEx Express International Services:
FedEx offers a variety of international service options to fit your delivery and budgetary needs:
- FedEx International Priority®
Provides customs-cleared delivery typically in 1 to 3 business days to more than 220 countries and territories. You can import from more than 220 countries and territories too.
- FedEx International Economy®
Provides cost-effective, customs-cleared delivery typically in 2 to 5 business days to more than 215 countries and territories. You get delivery in just 2 or 3 business days to Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. You can import from more than 100 countries and territories too.
- FedEx® International Next Flight
The fastest-possible delivery to and from more than 220 countries and territories. Reach major cities in just hours depending on flight availability. It's available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- FedEx International First®
Reach many destinations in Belgium, England, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland as early as 9 a.m. in 2 business days. You can also take advantage of inbound delivery to select U.S. ZIP codes from more than 60 countries and Caribbean islands in just 1 or 2 business days by 8 or 8:30 a.m.
FedEx Express International Shipping Tools:
Through the FedEx Global Trade Manager, you have several tools right at your fingertips to get everything ready for your international shipment:
- Find International Documents: Get help finding the necessary documents for your international shipment.
- Estimate Duties and Taxes: Estimate the duties and taxes that will be levied against your international shipment.
- Country Profiles: Get a snapshot of country information including demographics, business information and statistics.
- Shipping Advisories: Get important regulatory information specific to your shipment.
- Denied Party Screening: Identify individuals, companies, and other parties that have been denied international business transactions.
- Harmonized Code Search: Find the World Customs Organization (WCO) tariff classification for your product.
Through an association shipping program managed by PartnerShip, you can receive discounts on your international shipments with select FedEx services. PartnerShip works with over 120 major trade associations, across many industries, to provide their members with the money-saving tools to help them be successful. If you belong to an association we work with, take advantage of our free shipping benefits today and save on your international shipping. If you're not sure if you qualify for one of our FedEx small package shipping programs contact us and we'll find the solution that's right for you.
FedEx and UPS Peak Season Surcharges: The Important Differences
Your Guide to the 2020 FedEx and UPS Rate Increases
How to Manage Customer Returns with FedEx
How to Schedule a Pickup with FedEx
Take Advantage of Simple, Flat Rate Shipping with FedEx One Rate®