PartnerShip Provides Free Shipping for Hurricane Harvey Relief
09/13/2017 — Jerry Spelic
Hurricane Harvey was one of the most devastating storms of the past century and the cleanup is underway in Houston, Texas. PartnerShip wanted to do its part to help recovery efforts and has partnered with several local Westlake, OH community organizations to provide drop-off locations for items needed to help Houston and its residents get back on their feet. PartnerShip will pay the cost of shipping donated items to the Houston Food Bank.
“We wanted to help,” says PartnerShip President and COO, John Finucane, “and the best way to do that was to arrange and pay the cost of shipping the most needed items, like non-perishables, paper products and cleaning supplies, so that they could be distributed to those that need it most.”
The needed items list includes:
- Canned, ready-to-eat items with pull tops, like vegetables and fruit
- Protein in pouches or pull-top cans, such as tuna, beef stew, chili, and canned chicken
- Peanut butter
- Snacks, like granola bars, breakfast bars, etc.
- Toiletries, paper goods and diapers
- Bug spray
- Garbage bags and cleaning supplies, like mops, buckets, brooms, bleach wipes, and bleach
- Westlake Porter Public Library, 27333 Center Ridge Road, Westlake, OH 44145
- Westlake Rec Center, 28955 Hilliard Boulevard, Westlake, OH 44145
- PartnerShip, 29077 Clemens Road, Westlake, OH 44145
While we appreciate any act of generosity, we ask that these items not be donated: clothing, used items, fresh fruit and vegetables, and perishable food items.
Our neighbor SJT Enterprises will store, sort and palletize the donations until they are ready to be shipped to Houston.
If you would like to help in the recovery, monetary donations can also be made to your choice of organization:
Drop-off donations will be accepted until Saturday, September 30, 2017, but financial donations can be made at any time to the organizations listed above.